Thursday, June 7, 2007

Georgia Avenue Redevelopment - Panos with Audio

Though I was very pressed for time on this project and wish I could have spent more, it is probably one of the most interesting things I've done for washingtonpost.com. The story is about Georgia Avenue, a neighborhood in NW D.C. that is going through extreme gentrification. People gave many contrasting perspectives about the changes happening there and it gave me a much deeper understanding of how development can have such an expansive impact on a community. I took panos, photos and gathered audio for this project. Because we were visiting people during their business hours, much of the audio comes bundled with a lot of a natural sound that is not normally ideal for an interview situation. But, I think it is fitting considering everything that is going on there, offering a greater sense of place. To see the entire project, click the link above. An example of one of the panos is linked below.

No comments: